According to the report of the National Council on Aging, about 92 percent of seniors have at least one chronic disease, and 77 percent have at least two. Some of the most common health conditions among seniors include heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes causing two-thirds of deaths each year.
Since seniors are more prone to various illnesses, there are also a lot of elderly home care services providers that have leveled up their care programs to cater to the specific care needs of each elderly.
As we get older, it is natural to worry about our health, especially our elderly parent’s health. So make sure to choose a reliable home care agency in San Carlos, California, that you think is highly capable of improving the health and well-being of your loved ones. And as family members, there are also things you can do to help manage your elderly parent’s health, such as:
- Enhancing their vision by enlarging expiry dates on foods and providing proper lighting in every room and corner of the house
- Creating a safe home by placing non-slip mats, installing grab bars in toilers, and removing clutters
- Promoting an easier daily life for them by installing safety devices around the home
- Redesigning their daily routines to keep them physically active and independent
- Helping seniors develop a positive social well-being
But if you have a hectic schedule and don’t have time to take care of your loved ones, you can always seek help from our trusted caregivers, who can provide companion care to your loved ones while you are away.